17 December 2012

Admin stuff

Hey Friends-

I hate word verification for comments.  I used to laugh at the line

"Prove you are not a robot"

becuase I didn't care if robots read the blog.  (Haha.)

That was until I started getting 100 comments a day from robots.  Comments that are non-sensical like this:

"I got this web page from my pal who told me concerning this website and at the moment this time I am visiting this web page and reading very informative posts here"

And then there is a link to some random website called something like "Italian bond auctions" which I never click on because I am sure my computer would explode. 

Anyway, it looks like I'm going to have to experiment with some settings to see if I can eliminate or reduce this comment spam. 

BOO!

Hope it doesn't prevent you from commenting.  (Which, admitedly it has done for me on occasion.)

1 comment:

  1. dang! i'll email you my favorite most detailed spam comment to date..sorry about the spam and the word verification. :(

    ReplyDelete