This year as a joke Pete and I started listing the things we were grateful for that wouldn't be appropriate for the glass pumpkin. I'll give you the pleasure of guessing which of us said them.
- I'm grateful for the long lasting friendships I've made with sex addicts this year.
- I'm grateful for good therapy.
- I'm grateful that I went to over 200 12-step meetings this year.
- I'm grateful that two of my dearest friends saw their excommunicated husbands rebaptized.
- I'm grateful my husband found people to share his intimate feelings with, when I was incapable of hearing them.
- I'm grateful I can say masturbate without throwing up in my mouth.
- I'm grateful for 83 days of sobriety.
- I'm grateful for spending weekends with strangers and burning lingerie.
I know the holidays can be really difficult so I'm shooting rays of love-beams out my virtual fingertips for you. Breaking routine is often a big trigger for Pete, which means a history of relapses around the holidays. And of course family...
I hope your Thanksgiving brings you some level of gratitude and joy.